Engage with individuals not just groups
- Get to know your clinicians
- Talking one-to-one allows a more detailed discussion of ideas than may be possible in a group
- Start with the natural innovators, those who have a good reputation and who deliver on commitments.
- Adopt a colloborative approach, understanding the individualities of practices.
- Don't over-rely on electronic communications as a substitute for engagement
- Encourage peer-to-peer contact
- Make an effort to understand the culture of primary care
Owner: Medical directorate. Last Updated: 14/07/2010